Tech you can talk with | Voice Chatbots
What could possibly be a tech that you can talk to? Are they anything like “I, Robot” or “Ex Machina?" Or are they a human-to-machine conversationalist like Siri and Alexa? Keep reading to find out.
What are voice bots?
Voice bots, as the name suggests, are a type of computer program that conducts voice conversations with its users. Yes, you can talk to these bots verbally in your natural language! Powered by AI and NLP, these bots are designed to simulate human conversational patterns. A voice-enabled chatbot interacts differently. When a user puts an input, the bot responds using pre-recorded messages, text-to-speech responses or a mix of both. They’ve taken the whole SaaS game to the next level, allowing people to carry out tasks handsfree. They're growing in popularity each day.
How are voice chatbots becoming a big tech trend?
As we can see through voice bots like Siri and Alexa, they’re turning out to be the hottest tech trends in the market today. But why? Let’s find out.
- Simple interaction- The interactions are simpler, quicker and user-friendly. All you have to do is give out a voice command and the bot will respond accordingly.
- Availability- These bots are available 24/7 hours to assist you and to scale them at peak times makes them an excellent support resource for businesses and enterprises. Check the benefits for chatbots.
- Carry out tasks hands-free- Text-based chatbots are often time-consuming and could be hectic in times when the user is busy with activities like driving, etc, where they cannot particularly type out a text and send it to the bot.
- Become more of a personal assistant- Apple Siri, Google Echo, Alexa, etc have become more of a personal assistant than chatbots. They suggest and assist you in every aspect of daily life, from booking a movie, to planning your next vacation And so much more! Read more on how chatbots have become personal assistants.
- The use of AI- The use of AI in these bots has resulted in an increase in adaptability of these bots. Through the use of NLP and Machine learning, the application areas are widening. While Machine learning assists with statistical power to perform clustering and classification, Laser NLP helps in linguistic application.
- Multi-lingual- Putting the cherry on top, multilingual chatbots can talk to you in the language you select, which includes both international and regional languages.
- Bot localization- Imagine you’re a resident from Germany, through bot localization, you can have your whole portal and voice chatbot change its medium of communication into German.
The future of voice bots
Modern organizations are increasingly deploying chatbots and voice bots. When you interact with a helpline, the pleasant voice input that you get to hear is a voice bot. Though the basic form has been around for a while, thanks to AI, bots have rapidly improved over the years.
Bots like Alexa and Siri are helping users naturally engage with all the smart devices at home. It is said that by 2020, 50% of the searches will be voice based. Voice bots streamline work processes and cut down the time and effort taken for performing mundane tasks. Bots will be able to answer queries, for example, if your employee has a question about the policies of the company, instead of composing an email to the HR, they can rather just command the voice bot to answer. Voice, being a more natural form of communication for human beings simulates a seamless flow to work, giving a lot more mobility to the employees.
How are voice bots going to take over the chatbot prospect?
In a world of 4G and fibre broadband, why are we still clinging onto text interfaces in unsuitable and inconvenient contexts? Imagine you’re multitasking; you're driving yourself to the local food market and you want to quickly add off those few missed out items that you might forget about later, what are you going to do?
Are you going to pull over and type out all those items one by one? Or would you rather prefer saying them out loud to your bot? Chatbots represent the return of the command line interface- call and response- so we expect quick, real-time communication.
With the help of NLP, the two-way contextual conversations are now making a variety of everyday work fast and easy to complete. Through these bots, you can receive massive utility value for tiny input.
How are businesses going to benefit from this?
Voice bots are not only transforming our personal lives but will be able to assist and automate our businesses as well. These on demand assistants make voice conversations between humans more productive while making our concentration time better. There will come a time when we’ll be commanding help through every device we use, not just our smartphones. You can book follow-up meetings, share files mid-meetings through voice commands, send summary notes, and much more without the need of typing it out, waiting for the bot to recollect the data, and all that hustle. Voice-activated digital assistants are available on desktop computers, as well as smartphones today.
Voice has been the most natural human form of interface, so why not make the most of it? It’s growing in its popularity, is futuristic and makes your tasks a lot easier to do. So why struggle when you can mumble? Engati offer you voice bots from our bot templates section, which will assist you just the way mentioned above. You can carry out tasks hands-free and be up to date with the tech trends to make your busy life a tad simpler.
Operate your business with Engati. Build your own voice chatbot today!
Engati is a one-stop platform for delighted customers. With our intelligent bots, we help you create the smoothest of Customer Experiences. And now, we're even helping you answer your customers' most complicated questions in real-time with Engati Live Chat. So, let's get started?Get Started Free