New frontier: tech you can talk with.
What could possibly be a tech that you can talk to? Are they anything like “I,Robot” and “Ex Machina”? Or are they a human-to-machine conversationalist like Siri and Alexa? Keep reading to find out.
What are voice bots?
Voice bots, as the name suggests is basically a computer program that conducts voice conversations with its users. Yes, you can talk to these bots verbally in your natural language ! Powered by AI and NLP, these bots are designed to simulate human conversational patterns. A voice enabled chatbot interacts differently. When a user puts an input, the bot responds using pre-recorded messages, text-to-speech responses or a mix of both. They’ve taken the whole Saas-game to the next level, allowing people to carry out tasks hands-free and is growing in its popularity by each day.
How are voice bots becoming a big tech trend?
As we can see through voice bots like Siri and Alexa, they’re turning out to be the hottest tech trends in the market today. But why? Let’s find out.
- Simple interaction- The interactions a lot more simpler, quicker and user friendly. All you have to do is give out a voice command and the bot will respond accordingly.
- Availability- These bots are available 24/7 hours to assist you and to scale them at peak times makes them an excellent support resource for businesses and enterprises.
- Carry out tasks hands-free- Text-based chatbots are often time-consuming and could be hectic in times when the user is busy with activities like driving, etc, where they cannot particularly type out a text and send it to the bot.
- Become more of a personal assistant- Apple Siri, Google Echo, Alexa etc have become more of a personal assistants than bots. They suggest and assist you in every aspect of daily life, from booking a movie to planning your next vacation! And so much more! To read more on how chatbots have become personal assistants, click here
- The use of AI- The use of AI in these bots have resulted in an increase in adaptability of these bots. Through the use of NLP and Machine learning, the application areas are widening. While Machine learning assists with statistical power to perform clustering and classification, NLP helps in linguistic application.
- Multi-lingual- Putting the cherry on top, these bots are also multi-lingual, meaning these bots can talk to your in any language you select, which includes both international and regional languages.
- Bot localisation- Imagine you’re a resident from Germany, through bot localisation, you can have your whole protal and bot change its medium of communication into German.
The future of voice bots
Modern organisations are increasingly deploying chatbots and voice bots are a given. When you interact with a helpline, the pleasant voice input that you get to hear is a voice bot. Though the basic form has been around for a while, thanks to AI, over the years verbal/ voice based bots have rapidly improved. Bots like Alexa and Siri are helping users naturally engage with all the smart devices at home. It is said that by 2020, 50% of the searches will be voice based. Voice bots streamlines work processes and cut down on the time and effort taken for performing mundane tasks. Bots will be able to answer queries, for example, if your employee wants to enquire about the policies of the company, instead of composing an email to the HR, he can rather just command the voice bot to answer. Voice, being a more natural form of communication for human beings simulates a seamless flow to work, giving a lot more mobility to the employees.
How are voice bots going to take over the chatbot prospect?
In a world of 4G and fibre broadband, why are we still clinging onto text interfaces in unsuitable and inconvenient contexts? Like imagine you’re multitasking, example you're driving yourself to the local food market and you want to quickly add off those few missed out items that you might forget about later, what are you going to do? Are you going to pull over and type out all those items one by one or would you rather prefer saying them out loud to your bot and it will automatically store your input? Chatbots represent the return of the command live interface- call and response- so we expect quick, real time communication.With the help of NLP, the two-way communications are now contextually aware, making a variety of everyday work fast and easy to complete. Through these bots, you can receive massive utility value for tiny input.
How are businesses going to benefit from this?
Voice bots are not only transforming our personal lives, but will be able to assist and automate our businesses as well. These “on demand’’ assistants make voice conversations between humans more productive, while making our “concentartion time” better. There will come a time when we’ll be commanding help through every device we use, not just our smartphones. You can book follow-up meetings, share files mid-meetings through voice commands, send summary notes and much more without the need of typing it out, waiting for the bot to recollect the data and all that hustle. Voice-activated digital assistants are available on desktop computers, as well as smartphones today.
Voice has been the most natural human form of interface, so why not make the most of it? It’s growing in its popularity, is futuristic and makes your tasks a lot easier to do. So why struggle when you can mumble? We at Engati offer you voice bots from our bot templates section, which will assist you just the way mentioned above. You can carry out tasks hands-free and be up to date with the tech trends to make your busy life a tad simpler. To find out more about us, visit Engati.We hope you found this blog helpful.If you did, do send us your feedback.Also to read more on chatbots you can visit our blog page here. And don’t miss out on these cool videos we made just for you. Check them out here. Happy Botting folks!
Engati is a one-stop platform for delighted customers. With our intelligent bots, we help you create the smoothest of Customer Experiences. And now, we're helping you find those customers too. The award-winning Marketing Automation platform, LeadMi, received some major upgrades and joined our family as Engati Acquire. So, let's get started?Get Started Free