What is WhatsApp Broadcast in WhatsApp?
Around 2 billion of the world’s population is on WhatsApp and they know that WhatsApp is the easiest and the most convenient way to communicate. Where there’s a huge confusion between WhatsApp Group and WhatsApp Broadcast feature.
WhatsApp Broadcast or Broadcast List in WhatsApp is a feature that allows individuals or businesses to send messages to a list of recipients or contacts at once, where one can send out messages, multimedia, attachments or locations, and more. The good part about the Broadcast list or the key differentiator from WhatsApp Group is that people cannot see other people in the list, the way we can see in the WhatsApp Group.
What are the features of WhatsApp Broadcast?
Limit of recipients or members
We can’t broadcast 1000 or 2000 contacts as such, but we can simply add around 256 recipients or contacts to our WhatsApp Broadcast List, which helps individuals/businesses to send messages, notifications, or offers to a group of customers/contacts.
Privacy on the Broadcast List
Unlike WhatsApp Groups, recipients in Broadcast List cannot find out if they are in the broadcast list. These lists have been designed for one-way communication. If someone reverts on the Broadcast message that thread shows as a unique/private dm (direct message).
Limit on the number of Broadcast Lists on WhatsApp
One can create as many Broadcast List as they want because there’s no limit on the number of broadcast lists an individual or business can create on WhatsApp.
Naming or labeling WhatsApp Broadcast
This is one of the salient features on Broadcast where we can name our Broadcast List for references and ease. At the same time, WhatsApp Business users can label the broadcast as per their convenience, which comes in handy for repeat messages.
How is the WhatsApp Broadcast different from WhatsApp Groups?
How do I create a Broadcast on WhatsApp? And how does it work?
- Open WhatsApp > and click on those 3 dots “More options” icon on the upper right corner of the screen (besides the search icon).
- Search, Click or Select all the contacts you want to add.
- Tap on the round “Right/Check Mark” icon at the lower right corner.
- Start broadcasting or sending messages
- Open WhatsApp > and click on the new chat button/icon at the lower right corner.
- Click or select all the contacts you want to add.
- Two options will appear on top of the screen > select NEW BROADCAST.
- Start broadcasting or sending messages
You can use either of the ways to create a WhatsApp Broadcast List. Messages or Multimedia shared here will be sent to all the participants in the list. The recipient will get the notification of these messages as normal message/chat on their screen and they can accordingly revert or engage with you from the same chat.
How to edit or delete the Broadcast list?
Editing Broadcast list
- Open your broadcast list
- Click on those 3 dots “More options” icon on the upper right corner of the screen > go to Broadcast list info
- You can add a recipient by clicking on the “Edit” icon/option on the screen or the icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You can also change the name of the broadcast from here by clicking on the small pencil/pen “edit” icon beside the name of the broadcast.
- If you want to remove someone from the list, you can simply long-press that contact >, and click on the “Remove XYZ’s from broadcast list” option.
Deleting Broadcast list
- Long-press/ tap and hold the list you want to delete.
- Tap on the “Delete” icon to delete the list. You can choose whether to delete media from the chat or not.
Using chatbots for scheduling WhatsApp Broadcasts
WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to schedule messages or broadcasts on the platform itself, however, businesses can use 3rd party applications or chatbot integration to schedule broadcast messages on WhatsApp API.
For example, WhatsApp Chatbot by Engati allows you to schedule your notifications, messages, and broadcast with easy integration.
Through scheduling, you can set the time and date of the broadcast or set a timetable for communication based on the requirements of your business.