Table of contentsKey takeawaysCollaboration platforms are essential to the new way of workingEmployees prefer engati over emailEmployees play a growing part in software purchasing decisionsThe future of work is collaborativeMethodology
Digital Transformation specialist, Doyle Buehler joined us on this episode of Engati CX. We spoke about the foundations for digital businesses and the strategies they need to follow.
Doyle Buehler, is a "best-selling author, entrepreneur, international speaker", and digital business leader.
He specializes in strategic digital branding and marketing.
Doyle has mentored, coached, trained & inspired many in the areas of startups, digital leadership, digital innovation, and more.
He runs a worldwide strategic digital marketing agency for companies that want to create disruption in their industry.
Doyle is making waves with his digital strategy iTunes podcast, entitled “Breaking Digital”, where he interviews digital influencers from around the world, discussing digital leadership across a range of business and channel topics.
Interview with Doyle Buehler
This section will contain a summary of our interview with Doyle Beuhler. But, if you rather listen to the interview, our Spotify podcast is embedded below.
Digital is a big space. There are a lot of moving parts involved. You need to build a foundation for our digital strategy. The higher you want to go, the deeper and stronger you need your foundation to be.
You can design your foundation based on 3 questions:
There's a lot of similarity here. But if you've got a strong foundation, and you're creating value, you'll do good. The only difference is that you'd have to change the content according to the audience you're trying to connect with.
You need to look at your audience and ask yourself how you can be focused in those areas. You need to deliver value to your customers. Can you create that value while providing a remarkable experience and can you deliver it any time, any place?
Social media takes a lot of work. But, it's still part of your foundation. You need to match your content with your foundation. Make sure that you deliver the same or a similar message consistently across all your social platforms.
If you've not got everything in place, they'll just hop on to your competitors. You need to have your audience, your content, and your building blocks in place. That helps you connect your audience to your values.
Help them tell their story with your social content.
Figure out the platforms that your audience uses and try to understand what kind of content they want to consume on each platform.
We can automate about 80-85% of daily activities. But the remaining 15% needs the live interactions.
We can't over-automate. But we need to raise the level of automation so that we can focus on the things that we're actually good at.
That's where bots can come in. If a chatbot can find your perfect audience for content delivery in the future, that could be powerful.
The ones that win are the ones that are creative. The ones that lose are the ones that aren't properly leveraging what they have.
The winners tend to look at things from a different angle. They look at challenges from different viewpoints. And they add stories and human elements to them.
The losers are usually the ones that think they don't really need to do much. Some businesses think that they don't need to do much. They think that you can just create a website, a landing page and a funnel and they've got a business. They don't realize that they've got to build upon it.
In today's day and age, having a website is not enough. Having a Facebook page is not enough. You need to step your game up.
As a business owner, you don't need to be a technophile. You don't need to understand the technology completely. But you need to have a digital genius on your hands to help you make it work. You don't need to perfectly understand the specifics of the tech. You need to create great experiences for your customers.
The technology you're using is not as important as the things you're doing with the technology.
You need to properly build your digital foundations for your business. Know what value you're trying to create for your customers and then build those digital foundations for that business.
Value Creation, Experience, and Digital Delivery- get these elements right and your digital foundations will become that much stronger!