How to integrate chatbots into your conversion strategy
Chatbots are a relatively new technology. But, it already seems like they’ve been here forever. The reason is simple – it’s a very useful tool that makes life easier for both businesses and their customers.
Wherever you look online, you can notice a digital agent eager to welcome you. Now, the real question is how to integrate chatbots into your conversion strategy.
Chatbots: Definition, stats, benefits
A chatbot is an artificial intelligence (AI) program that simulates interactive human conversation. It does this by using key pre-calculated user phrases and auditory or text-based signals. In other words, it’s a machine programmed to interact like a real human being.
What makes chatbots so exquisite is the fact that they evolve. They get better and more accurate over time. This is because they keep learning with each conversation with users. The same goes for college paper chatbots, essay writer chatbots, or any other automated live messaging service.
Continuous learning is the main element of this tool. This makes it perfect for practical purposes such as:
- Customer service: Chatbots are available around the clock. They’re ready to reply to queries whenever needed. They give personalized answers based on the history of communication with a user.
- Surveys: You can use chatbots to launch online surveys quickly and effortlessly.
- eCommerce sales: Every eCommerce store is trying to reduce cart abandonment. They can do it much more efficiently if they rely on chatbots.
- Content delivery: A chatbot can easily identify users’ content needs. It can then deliver relevant posts directly to their inboxes.
- Cost-reduction: Chatbots can drastically reduce operating costs. This makes your business more profitable in the long run.
What do all these benefits mean in practice? Well, numerous studies prove the impact chatbots leave on global industries:
- 90% of businesses report faster complaint resolution with chatbots.
- Chatbots can cut operational costs by up to 30%.
- By the end of 2020, 85% of all customer interactions will be handled without a human agent.
- More than 50% of people are more likely to shop with businesses that they can message.
- A third of all consumers would like to use chatbots to make reservations, place online orders, and perform other actions.
5 Ways to turn chatbots into conversion generation tools
Now that you know the purpose and the benefits of chatbots, it is time to discuss their uses. Let’s see five practical ways to turn chatbots into conversion generation tools.
1. Use chatbots to gather information about customers
The simplest way to include chatbots in yor conversion strategy is obvious. They can be used to gather relevant information about people who interact with your business. You don’t need to rely on sheer instinct or spend hours researching. Just take advantage of chatbots to find everything you need to know about any given prospect.
Jake Gardner, a digital marketer at Academized, says, “It’s a massive data resource that helps businesses to understand individual’s interests, needs, preferences, previous purchases, complaints, and many more.” He explains that the system is able to analyze the entire history of interactions with the targeted user
In such circumstances, it’s easy to personalize communication. You can even design offers that perfectly suit the expectations of a given client.
2. Be proactive and ask for information
A chatbot doesn’t only have to be a passive data accumulator. On the contrary, you can program the platform so as to behave proactively and reach out to your prospects directly.
The standard solution is to code a chatbot so that it can detect a new website visitor and send a message instantly. It can simply greet the visitor or take the extra step by offering support. However, the real fun starts when you program chatbots to search for information.
You can ask unobtrusive questions and still find out a lot of details about your prospects. Here are only a few examples:
- How can I help you today?
- What brought you to our website?
- Would you like to learn more about our products or services?
- Do you have anything particular in mind?
- What alternative solutions are you considering?
All of these questions are simple and delicate. But, in terms of data gathering and understanding the position of your prospect in the sales funnel, they can work miracles.
3. Use chatbots to simplify website navigation
Even if it’s really easy to navigate your website, there are always people struggling to find the content they need. The problem is even bigger if they are looking for a specific product or service. Poor navigation might chase them away from your site in that case.
In this case, having a chatbot as visitors’ digital assistant becomes quintessential. It can offer help and guide users through the website. This would maximize the odds of converting leads into full-time purchasers.
4. Give relevant product recommendations
Another thing a chatbot can do for your business is to give relevant product recommendations. You probably know how eCommerce stores analyze previous purchases. They then display similar offers as part of their cross-sales strategy.
But this approach can often have a counter effect, especially if buyers are searching for a totally different type of product this time.
That is exactly why you could use chatbots as the product recommendation tool. Answering a few simple questions, users can learn about the best deals through chatbot messaging. They could even get special offers or discounts.
5. Integrate chatbots with social media marketing
Chatbots can go well beyond websites to enrich your social media marketing strategy. Many social followers will want your business to be available for communication 24/7. Why wouldn’t you indulge them?
Facebook and Twitter have powerful instant messaging services. This is a great chance for you to build customer relationships. Providing followers with relevant content will help you gain their trust.
The bottom line
Chatbots are by no means a novelty in the customer service realm. But you should begin using them in your conversion strategy. All it takes is to prepare a good strategy and embrace the state of the art user engagement features.
Have you ever considered moving beyond customer service and adding chatbots to your conversion strategy?
Let us know about your chatbot-related ideas and we will be glad to get back to you with our own suggestions!
About the author
Justin Osborne is a writer at essay writers and assignment help. He loves to share his thoughts and opinions about education, writing and blogging on a variety of blogs and forums. Currently, he is working as a content marketer at dissertation help and custom essay help.
PS. Learn how to protect your business during the coronavirus pandemic. Read our article here.
Engati is a one-stop platform for delighted customers. With our intelligent bots, we help you create the smoothest of Customer Experiences. And now, we're helping you find those customers too. The award-winning Marketing Automation platform, LeadMi, received some major upgrades and joined our family as Engati Acquire. So, let's get started?Get Started Free